So, Wise was born in 2011, and now they're like the popular kids in school, but for sending money. They've got over 16 million friends in more than 70 countries. That's like having friends all over the world without leaving your room!
Why are they so popular, you ask? Well, they're not your regular old boring banks. Nope! Wise is like the superhero of money transfer. First of all, they're super honest about their fees. No sneaky hidden fees or secret handshakes to figure out how much you're paying. It's right there in front of you!
And guess what? They're like the Flash of transfers. Your money zooms over to your friend's bank account in minutes or a few hours. No waiting around like watching paint dry. Plus, setting up a transfer is as easy as ABC. You don't need a grown-up to help. It's like playing with your favorite toy!
But wait, there's more! Wise has this thing called a "borderless account." It's like having a treasure chest filled with different coins from all over the world. And guess what? You can use their special card to take out money from magical machines called ATMs or buy cool stuff anywhere, even in a different money language!
In a nutshell, if you want to send money to your friends across the ocean, Wise is your buddy. They're like the best friend you can trust because they're clear about fees, super fast, and as easy as pie.
Here's the scoop on why Wise is awesome:
- Clear and simple fees: They use something called the "mid-market exchange rate" (fancy words, right?), which means no hidden fees or tricks. You'll always know what's what.
- Speedy Gonzales transfers: Your money reaches your friend faster than you can say "banana." No more waiting forever!
- Kid-friendly setup: Setting up a transfer is like playing with building blocks. You'll get the hang of it in no time!
- Borderless account: Imagine having a treasure chest with all the coins from around the world. No more "exchange fees" nonsense!
- Magic debit card: You can use their special card to get money from ATMs or buy candy in any currency you want.
Oh, and here are some extra tidbits to think about:
- They support over 70 types of money, so you can send money almost anywhere.
- The most money you can send depends on where your friend lives and what type of money they use.
- Sometimes, the money fairy takes 1-3 days to make the money move.
- Wise has a whole team of helpers available 24/7, and they speak different languages. So, you're never alone!
In a nutshell, if you want to send money to your friends around the world and have a blast doing it, Wise is the name of the game. It's like having a friendly dragon that breathes money!